You’ve Got this!!!
I was asked to make cookies for a breast cancer awareness event. How could I help them feel better? I was determined to please these women that had gone through so much and persevered over all odds.
These are strong and beautiful women that deserve the best effort that I can put forward. I decided to make BOOB cookies! Fitting right? What goes better with boobs than a bikini top? Now that is confidence! Here is to all the women battling breast cancer and hoping these cookies will bring a smile to your face and add a little sweetness to your day.
To make these boob cookies, look at this image upside down!
That’s right, these are just heart shaped cookie cutters turned upside down!
Boom! You got boobs!
- 6 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 cups cold unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- in a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Lightly whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar using a paddle attachment on medium speed. Be careful not to over cream the butter mixture. When over mixed, it creates too much air in your dough which can lead to cookies spreading out when baking and not holding their shape. Has that ever happened to you? Now you know why!
- Next, add your eggs, vanilla and almond flavoring and mix until incorporated.
- Slowly begin adding your dry ingredients. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Mix until your dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl and forms a ball. Do Not over mix.
- Empty your dough out onto a piece of parchment paper and form a large ball. Then cut the ball of dough into four sections. I normally do not need to add extra flour to do this step.
- Take one of the sections, lay it out on a new piece of parchment paper, and flatten it out into a disk shape. Place another piece of parchment paper on top of the disk and with a rolling pin, roll out your dough to desired thickness. Repeat this step with the remaining 3 sections.
- Now, place your rolled out dough into the fridge for 30 minutes to chill. This is key so your cookies will retain their shape when cut out and baked.
- Take one section out of fridge and cut out your dough into desired shapes. Re-roll remaining scrapes and follow the same steps as above.
- Bake your cookies at 350 degrees for 14-18 minutes for an average 4 inch cookie. They will not be brown.
- Once removed from the oven, let the cookies rest on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing. Then, place on wire rack to continue to cool.
- Ice your cookie with your favorite flavor of icing. If your prefer sprinkles, add sprinkles to your cookie before baking.